| Overview | Reasons | Prevention | Home Remedies |
Eye puffiness reasons are stress, lack of sleeping, tiredness, and a load of work. Puffiness happens more frequently in those people that intake too much salt and not enough water. By lowering the amount of salt you eat and drinking more water, you can avoid baggy morning eyes. Using cool tea bags or cucumber slices on your eyes will help to reduce circulation and lessen the puffy look. Eye puffiness creates a very bad and unhealthy impact on your personality. You look just like a patient or addict.
Oversleeping and Sleep Deprivation
Oversleeping and Sleep Deprivation is one of the most common eye puffiness reasons. Sleeping is very important, as it is the time when our eyes are rested from the strain of being used the whole time we are awake. When we are deprived of sleep, there will be fluid building around the eyes which will come out as eye puffiness. Also, oversleeping is not the solution to deprivation of sleep for this too will cause eye puffiness too.
Alcohol and smoking
Alcohol and smoking are one of the major eye puffiness reasons. Having vices such as these is honestly bad for the health of the body. Drinking too much alcohol and smoking will lead to eye puffiness because these two are considered as toxins or free radicals which will damage skin cells and the skin itself.
Eating salty foods is one of the major eye puffiness reasons. This is because too much salt encourages fluid retention.
As a person goes through the process of aging, the skin sags, and drops which will eventually lead to puffiness of the eyes.
If you’ve been crying you could have a puffy eye because of the salts in your tears. Salt will cause your body to retain water, which will keep the skin overly hydrated and thus puffy. Eventually, the salts will be washed away and the puffiness will reside. Placing a cold compress on your eyes can also help.
You might be surprised to learn that changes in your hormones can actually cause puffiness around the eyes. We can retain fluid when our hormones are awry. Trying to balance your body can really help.
Change in Season
Changing is season is also one of the eye puffiness reasons. Change of atmosphere can create eye puffiness.
Pollution in air is also one of the eye puffiness reasons. The skin around the eyes is very sensitive and can easily be affected by pollution.
Mental Stress is one of the most common eye puffiness reasons. Stress is an internal factor of eye puffiness.
Allergies and Health Sickness
Allergies and health sickness are also eye puffiness reasons. Skin allergies and weakness after sickness can be the reason for eye puffiness.
- At night in bed elevate the head. Supporting the head with a pillow controls surplus fluid from filling up around the eyes.
- Placing a cool damp compress over the eyes gives fast relief, reduces swelling and irritation.
- We see it all the time the cucumber spectacles. Cucumber slices, potato, even sliced apple over the eyes refreshes the skin and soothes, and also do cold moist tea bags.
- Gel masks are another option for treating tired skin and swollen eyes. There are different types so make sure to use the most suitable for the eye condition you have. The gel works best cool so store it wherever advised on the packaging.
- To ease irritated skin around the eyes, dip cotton wool pads in cold milk and gently squeeze. Apply to eyes for 15 minutes. This procedure does exactly the same as moist tea bags, gel, and cucumber slices.
- A good mixture for treating dark circles includes half a mashed tomato, turmeric powder, lemon juice, and a small amount of flour. Mix together and apply to the skin. Leave for 10 minutes then wash it off drying the skin thoroughly.
- A dehydrated body retains water and this could cause puffiness. Drink lots of fluid.
- To help circulation sleep lying flat on your back, avoid the stomach as fluid can flood the eyes.
- All beauty creams and eye cosmetics remove before bedtime to prevent irritation.
- Foods laced with salt, and alcohol increase fluid retention.
- Apparently, before menstruation water can settle around the eyelids. Eat fruit and vegetables regularly to help manage a good hormonal balance.
- Swollen eyes can commonly happen with age. As we get older our skin loses her elasticity. When out in the sun use a good sunscreen. A diet rich in antioxidants or supplements should be considered.
Tea Bags Therapy
After having your daily cup of tea, refrigerate the tea bags for some hours. Now use these cold and damp tea bags and place them on your eyes for 10 minutes. Rinse properly and relax. The cooling effect will smooth down the tiredness and moisture in the bag will help you get rid of the allergy.
Peel a cucumber and cut it into thin slices. Place the slices under the eyes for 20 minutes. Cucumber has cooling properties and also has antioxidants that help your eyes staying fresh and clean.
Massage the side and under are of your eyes slowly and smoothly with olive oil. This will provide relief and your skin will slowly come down to the level of your face.
Take an egg and separate egg white from the yolk. Whisk egg white slowly for 2 to 3 minutes. Apply egg white with the applicator on eye puffiness. Make a layer and let it leave to dry naturally. Remove egg white by splashing normal water. Repeat to use egg white twice weekly for the best results.
Applying cotton wool soaked in chilled rosewater in your eyes will rejuvenate your skin under the eyes. It’s the oldest and the most effective way to treat puffiness.
You can also apply ice cubes in your eyelids; keep rotating them for some time. You will feel relaxed after this process.
Keep your body hydrated. Proper hydration will prevent less water retention around your eyes. Drink at least 15-20 glasses of water every day.